Documents required for AIIMS CounsellingThe prospectus of All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) states that those called for counseling have to report with the following documents/ certificates in original:
- Admit Card
- Call Letter issued by AIIMS, New Delhi
- Proof of Date of Birth
- Certificate/ Mark sheet from the Board from which the candidate passed the 10+2 or equivalent examination
- Migration certificate from the University/Board last attended
- Community/ Category certificate (if applicable): Certificate from the prescribed authority on the prescribed form as appended in the Prospectus showing that candidates belong to SC/ ST/ OBC/ OPH category.
- SC/ST Certificate issued by the competent authority (in the format as specified in the prospectus) in English or Hindi language. Sub caste should be clearly mentioned in the certificate.
- OBC certificate issued by the competent authority. The OBC Certificate should be valid for Central Government Institutions/ Jobs. (OBC candidates belonging to the Creamy Layer shall not be eligible for reserved seats). The OBC certificate must be in the format as mentioned in the Prospectus.
- Orthopedic Physical Disability Certificate issued by a duly constituted and authorized Medical Boards. PH certificate issued by any other Authority/ Hospital will NOT be entertained.
Is it necessary to produce ORIGINAL documents at the time of counselling?It is important to take note that you will require original certificates/ documents to get admission at the allotted college. No candidate will be allowed to participate in the counselling and admission processes without their original certificates/ documents.
If you fail to produce original documents, you will not be allotted a seat and the seat will automatically be allotted to next candidate in order of merit. You will, however, be marked present and will be eligible for the next round of counselling if applicable.
What should I do if have secured admission with another college?Under no circumstances will you be eligible for admission on the basis of production of a receipt stating that your original documents/ certificates are deposited with another College/ University.
If you have got admission in any other medical college, you are required to surrender that seat and produce a letter to this effect from the concerned institution. In case you fail to produce this certificate, you will not be eligible for allotment of seat at the AIIMS counselling.